This happens quite often in the first 3 months of weight loss, because you’re working towards a specific goal.
The more you eat and drink, the fuller your gut gets and thus you’ll be more hungry. That means more food is going to be stored as fat (which you then need to use for fuel and to store muscle).
There are several factors at play here.
1. Your metabolism slows down and you burn less of your fat stores which is what results in more food, in turn making you crave more food. (In fact eating more makes your body work harder and burn less. This means you can’t keep up with your planned diet/program and you’ll have to return to a diet that’s too high in calories or that’s too low in healthy fats).
2. Your body wants to make more fat for energy so you’ll be eating less energy-rich foods with added sugar to make up for it.
3. You eat a lot of processed foods (like cakes, cookies, potato chips, etc).
4. Your diet is high in salt and you feel bloated to boot.
5. Your digestion is really bad and you get the sick feeling (and maybe diarrhea because of your stomach).
What the heck am I supposed to do about it?
You can’t eat as much as you want and stay as light and lean as if you weren’t a bodybuilder…
As a bodybuilder, I try to make sure I eat about 20% of my day and 25% of my calories from food. This way I consume plenty of protein and amino acids to keep me strong.
It does make sense to do away with protein and carbs altogether. This will ensure you’re keeping it going and can stay on a diet to get you in shape.
This works for athletes who want to go to sleep as soon as possible, as you don’t need to worry about hunger and you won’t have to train your muscles more.
You can also try to eat healthy and cut out processed foods without having to worry about gaining body composition.
You shouldn’t stop doing exercises that are good for your overall health just because your body isn’t in shape.
The only way to get in shape is to train and cut out junk food in the short term.
How much should I eat?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this, but I suggest starting out
weight loss tablets prescribed by doctors uk, smoothies for weight loss pdf, weight loss transformation tik tok reaction, chadwick boseman weight loss 2019 calendar, keto diet for weight loss tips